Today is a day of transition for the field. We are testing the soil for earth worms.
- Mark out three lines in the field
- Dig holes with a bulb planter every 20m
- Count earthworms in every sample
I had hoped to find some money to have the soil tested for respiration, but at this present point that hasn’t happened.
What is happening:
- We are filling part of the field with topsoil
- We are building woodchip and wood shaving composts
- Thinking about education space
- Planning what seeds to plant to complement the other plants and build soil nutrition